What is a health referral Scheme?
- Exercise and health referral schemes are designed to help people who would benefit from regular exercise.
- Physical activity can play an important role in preventing and managing health conditions such as; coronary heart disease, type 2 diabetes, stroke, mental health problems, musculoskeletal conditions and some cancers.
- It also has a positive effect on wellbeing and mood, providing a sense of achievement or relaxation and release from daily stress.
- Programmes run by us include: exercise on referral, weight management programmes, health circuits, aqua rehabilitation, cardiac rehabilitation and many more.
- Our specialist exercise referral instructors will promote and support your on-going health and wellbeing, every step of the way.
If you are interested in being referred to your local Health Referral programme please contact your local GP to find out more.
Information about our health referral service
If you have a health condition that would benefit from regular activity and exercise then this scheme is for you.
- Ask your GP / health professional to refer you to us
- We will provide your referrer with a freedom leisure e-form that can be completed on a computer, and emailed back to us. One of our exercise referral specialists will review the form, and contact you to arrange a consultation and initial assessment at your desired freedom leisure centre.
- One of our exercise referral specialists will review the form, and contact you to arrange a consultation and initial assessment at your desired freedom leisure centre.
- Upon meeting our exercise referral specialist, we can discuss your fitness goals and any health conditions, and then devise an exercise plan aiming to improve your health and wellbeing.
- An initial fitness assessment will provide a baseline for us to create and tailor an exercise routine for you.
- Membership: we work alongside health professionals in the area to provide a broad range of activity and exercise options for the local community. If you have been referred to us under the health referral scheme, we have options to suit you and can be tailored to your needs. We offer a pay as you go option, a discounted direct debit option and a 6 month advance option.
Direct debit / 6-month advance
This option includes access to our gyms, swimming pools, and group exercise classes.
Contact the membership team for more information on this membership option.
Pay and Go 12 weeks
Initial Assessment and induction: £34.85
Price per gym session: £5.70
Price per swim session: £4.85
What is included in our Forever Active session?
Included in the session will be aerobic, strength and flexibility classes, led by our instructor Bennie Tilbury, who has broad knowledge and training in a range of exercise specialties, including Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehab, Long Term Neurological Conditions, Obesity, Diabetes, and Chronic Lower Back Pain, so you will be in very safe hands.
With a variety of activities on offer, plus Bennie’s structured and supportive classes, we hope that there is something for everyone!
You can also enjoy a chat and refreshments with others at the session.
Activities to include:
Bowls, Badminton, Table Tennis, Swimming, New Age Kurling, Boccia, Arts & Crafts & Lego
Where: Littlehampton Wave
New Exercise Referral Class starting Wednesday 20th September at Littlehampton Wave
Our Exercise Referral Class is suitable for those with a diagnosed health condition, including diabetes, obesity and hypertension.
Health Referral Activities
Phase IV Cardiac Rehab
Our Cardiac Rehab is an exercise and education programme for people recovering from heart attacks, heart surgery and cardiac interventions. The classes are led by highly qualified and knowledgeable BACPR cardiac rehabilitation instructors
What our customers say about our Health Referral Scheme
I feel so much better in myself and have seen a significant improvement in my strength and coordination. I can also see the progress being made….
Dannii has helped my daughter so much with her swimming, she is improving so much.
Swim Lesson Parent
Your PT is like your life coach, nutrition guide and encourager all in one.
I have the ability to work harder now without the feeling of being breathless and over tired. I feel more able to do things with confidence….
Frequently Asked Questions
You can register through your GP.
Please provide us with a list of medication when you come in for your assessment.
Yes you can bring a carer along to support you.
You will need to have an assessment with one of our health referral instructors so we can plan your journey.
Please wear comfortable clothing that you can move around in. Please do not wear jeans.
No you can be a complete beginner. We will guide and support you every step of the way.
There is an initial charge for the assessment if you go onto our health referral pay as you go membership. If you decide to take out a direct debit or annual membership then there is no charge for the assessment. Please speak to the membership team for more information.