Easter Holiday Day Camps available to book!
We are excited to offer day camps during the Easter holidays.
Full of fun, action packed activities,including; inflatables, sports and games, arts and crafts and swimming, children are sure to be entertained by our fantastic team at Littlehampton Wave!
- Running Monday to Friday from Tuesday 2nd April - Friday 5th April 24
- Monday 8th April - 12th April 24
- Suitable for ages 5-12 years
- Children must be in Year 1 at school or heading in to Year 1 after the school summer holiday period.
- The day camp day runs 8am-6pm
- Drop off time is between 8-9am and pick up is between 5-6pm.
Full Day Member (£28.85)
Full Day Non Member (£30.95)
- All activities must be booked in advance.
- Bookings can be made Monday - Sunday, at reception and also over the telephone by phoning 01903 725451.
- Please note, payment is required at the time of booking to confirm the booking.
- On rare occasions, Freedom Leisure may have to cancel activities if there are insufficient numbers (refunds will only be given in these circumstances and those of a medical nature).
- Freedom Leisure also reserves the right to amend the Day Camps program where unavoidable.
- Once booking has been completed and full payment has been received, a Holiday Camps Registration Form must be completed before the start of the holiday camp. These MUST be renewed at the start of every holiday.
- Please ensure you have read and if in agreement, signed, all consent sections on the registration form. Parents/guardians must complete the medical section on the consent form, giving permission for emergency medical treatment for their child in the event of a serious accident or illness. Whilst we will endeavour to co-operate with parents fully in supervising administration by the child of medicine at times due when they are attending the club, this cannot be done without written consent with FULL instructions being provided by the parent/guardian. All medication must be fully labelled and given to the supervisor at the start of the day.
- Payment must be received in full before any child is admitted to Day Camp.
- At each drop off, the child must be signed in and have their details checked before the parent or guardian can leave.
- No personal electronic devices or money are permitted during day camps (i.e. phones, tablets or video game consoles). It is not recommended that children bring personal toys or items to day camps, as they can easily be lost, damaged or stolen.
- Freedom Leisure takes no responsibility for any loss or damages to personal items.
- We reserve the right to ask you to collect your child from our Day Camps if their behaviour is not acceptable, this includes language, physical actions and interactions with other children. If you would like a copy of our behaviour policy, please speak to our duty manager or one of the activity team.
- If your child becomes ill during day camp, you will immediately be notified and asked to come and collect your child. Any children who have been ill should not return to day camp until they have fully recovered.
- Staff are not permitted to administer sunscreen, they can only supervise. Please provide your child’s own sunscreen.
- Please notify staff if your child is going to be picked up by somebody other than their noted parent/guardian.
We cannot let a child leave without prior notice of this and permission will be sought from their noted parent/guardian if this situation occurs.
We will need to know who is collecting the child(ren) at registration and ask for a password to be given. Whoever is collecting the child(ren) at the end of the session must give this password to ensure the safe release of the child(ren) to an authorized person. Please do let us know in advance if the person due to collect changes during the day and ensure that they know the correct password
What to bring?
All children must bring a refillable bottle. The camps are very energetic and children will need lots to drink! Drinking water is accessible onsite to fill up water bottles throughout the day.
All children should bring a packed lunch and two snacks every day. Remember that food must not be perishable as we cannot provide refrigeration for lunches.
Please try and provide children with suitable, healthy lunches, fizzy drinks are not recommended.
Please do not bring NUTS as some children attending may have severe nut allergies.
Please be aware that we are unable to operate a completely nut free policy and traces of nuts may be present in lunchboxes, in our cookery activities and in products we sell from our café.
Please speak to a member of staff if your child has any allergies and ensure that it is noted on their registration form. We do have healthy lunches available at site so if you are running behind in the morning, don’t panic, you can purchase a Kids lunch from our Café.
Please ensure children have had breakfast before they arrive at Day Camps, there will not be an opportunity for them to eat until mid morning or lunchtime otherwise.
All children should be prepared for different weathers as we do take the children outside:
- Hats/caps and sun cream for sunny days
- Jackets and warm clothes for colder or rainy days
- Swimming Kit – goggles cannot be provided for health and safety reasons
- We recommend wearing old clothes as children will be using arts and crafts throughout the day including paint and glue.
- All children should be provided with suitable clothing and footwear, if your child wishes to wear sandals to Holiday Camps please pack a pair of trainers for them so they can join in with all activities and SOCKS are essential for trampolining and inflatables!
We are unable to provide your child with sun cream so please ensure that they have some with them on sunny days.
Please do not send your child to Holiday Camp with any technology (including but not limited to tablets and games consoles) or mobile phones.
If your child needs to contact you for any reason, they can speak to a member of staff and they will arrange this. Should you need to contact your children, you can do so by contacting the centre on the main reception number and ask to speak with the Day Camp Supervisor or Duty Manager.
Comfort toys such as teddy bears are welcome but staff cannot be held responsible for the items. We strongly advise these are kept in the child’s bag and only bought out if really needed.
It is not necessary for children to bring money to Day Camps.
Please feel free to ask our staff for any further advice. We will be glad to help you in any way we can!
Our aim at Freedom Leisure children’s activities is to provide a fun, safe and friendly environment. If, however, you are unhappy or dissatisfied with the service you are receiving, please follow this procedure.
In the first instance please contact the Day Camp Supervisor in person, by phone or in writing to your chosen site. Our contact details are as follows:
T: 01903 725451
If after discussing the issue you are still unhappy or dissatisfied you can contact the Duty/Centre Manager who will be happy to investigate your complaint.
There is a system in place for the regular exchange of information between parents and staff. Parents are able to share information and their views and concerns are respected and acknowledged. Appropriate and prompt action is taken on any concerns raised and complaints should be investigated. Complainants should be notified of the outcome within 28 days. All complaints are logged.
Cancellation and refund Policy
All holiday camps must be paid for in advance at the time of your booking.
We understand that sometimes children are poorly or may pick up injuries during the holidays that prevent them from attending our camps. Please see our policy below stating your refund entitlements.
Absence for 3 Consecutive Days
If your child is unable to attend for three or more consecutive days due to sickness or an injury, a ‘fit note’ is required from you GP. When a fit note is provided to holiday camp staff, a full refund will be processed. Please note that refunds are processed on the last day of each holiday period and cannot be processed at reception during the holiday period.
If your child is unwell and cannot attend holiday camps, please call our centre number (01903 725451) no later than 1 hour before your child is due to attend. You will then be entitled to transfer your booking to another day.
If you would like to move a holiday camp session, you may do so free of charge with a minimum of 48 hours notice.
In extreme cases where there are three or more ‘no shows’ we will review your booking rights and may suspend any pre booking.
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
Our policies and procedures are available upon request. If you wish to obtain copies please contact the centers Duty Manager.