Our instructors follow continuous assessment ensuring pupils progress at their own pace and achievements are recognised by the Swim England award scheme.
- Pre-school, school age and adult 50 week swim school
- Intensive crash courses in the holidays (additonal cost)
- Lessons are accessed through swim school annual and monthly memberships which also includes unlimited swimming during public swim sessions
Why Learn to Swim?
It's so much fun!
The easiest way for a child to learn a new skill is through fun and games. Our lessons have a high focus on having fun and enjoying being in the water.
It makes a great holiday
Whether you holiday at home or abroad being able to swim will open up so many possibilities and make great memories.
It provides confidence in the water
Feeling safe & confident in the water adds to the experience & enables children to play confidently with their friends & family.
It's a life skill
Giving more enjoyment of swimming, a love for swimming and being in the water and the skills and motivation required to lead a healthy and active lifestyle through regular swimming.
We follow Swim England's learn to Swim Pathway
We work in partnership with Swim England to deliver a high quality Learn to Swim Programme for all ages and abilities.
All our instructors are experienced and fully trained to deliver the Swim England Learn to Swim Programme and are fully DBS checked.
View our Parent Guide
We've written this handy Parent Guide so our customers are informed of the Swim Pathway, how we will teach your child to swim and what to expect when you learn to swim with us.
Pre-school 6 months - 4 years
Adult & Child stages 1-3
- From building water confidence through the use of toys and nursery rhymes to basic water skills with the introduction of swimming aids
- Accompanied in the water by parent/guardian
Pre-school stages 2 & 3
- Progression stages from adult & child
School Age 4+ years
- From swimming with armbands to unaided and learning different strokes
- Progression to deep water, sitting dives, stroke development
- Bronze, silver and gold challenges
- Personal Survival 1 & 2
- Advanced swim skills, distance and stamna, basic rescues
From water confidence and basic core aquatic skills through to advanced techniques
- Be water confident (teaching pool)
- Be a swimmer 1 (teaching pool) & 2 (main pool)
- Be a better swimmer (main pool)
- Be a master swimmer (main pool)
Private lessons are available for all ages and abilities and are tailored to suit the individual’s requirements
- Classes are available on a one to one basis or for two or three people and are 30 minutes duration
- There is the option to purchase single lessons or in blocks of five
- Please note: lessons may take place in an open swimming session
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, we run a fifty week swim school (two weeks off at Christmas) so lessons run throughout the year including school and bank holidays.
Lessons are paid for by monthly Direct Debit
No, as a swim school member public swimming is included in your swimming lessons.
We offer crash courses in the holidays (daily 30 minute lessons) as well as private tuition - please ask at reception.
Not found what you need?
If you need help with anything, please visit our help centre or get in touch!