We are planning to reopen our swimming facilities in line with government and Swim England/Wales guidance under our “new normal” operating procedures with the necessary social distancing and hygiene measures in place to provide you with a safe, clean and comfortable environment to use.
What is available to you?
It is likely that individual pools will open on a phased basis, but our first pools will be open from 25 July for lane swimming, aqua aerobics and club swimming only - the opening dates will be subject to Government confirmation and in consultation and agreement with our local authority partners, whose leisure service we operate on their behalf. Please note that opening times and programmes will vary dependent on pool size and location but we aim to return to a full programme as soon as we can and demand requires it. Pool programmes will be available online for your local centre shortly.
The opening date will be different in Wales and will reflect Welsh Government and Swim Wales guidance.
In line with our ‘COVID-safety matters’ operational procedures, things will look a bit different in the pool. It is fair to say that not all pools and changing rooms are the same and therefore we are going to be assessing each pool in turn to ensure we can operate safely for all our customers and staff.
- Where we can, we will be offering swimming in pre-booked slots (bookable in advance only) and this time slot will include time to get into the building safely, show your booking confirmation, get changed, get to the pool, enjoy your swim and get changed and leave the changing room area. We are encouraging customers to come ‘beach ready’, with swim wear worn under clothing, to minimise time spent in changing areas.
- Changing rooms, where possible, will operate on a one way system to minimise contact with other swimmers. We will also be removing a number of cubicles and lockers from action to allow for more focussed cleaning regimes to be implemented.
- We will be operating a ‘double lane’ arrangement in all pools to provide more space between swimmers – with fast, medium and slow lanes with a maximum of 10 swimmers per double lane. The number and speed of lanes will be dependent on the pool size and our local teams will make the best decision for our users. If you are asked to move lanes by one of our lifeguards, please do so without conflict as this is only for everyone’s safety and enjoyment.
- There will be no leisure pools, sauna, steam room or spa pools open in the initial opening phase but we hope to add these as soon as we are able.
- Please bring the appropriate denomination with you for lockers as our centres will be operating as cash less operations when we re-open so change may not be available.
We'll announce details of how to book in the coming weeks and more facilities will be added as time progresses.
What is happening with swimming lessons?
- If you or your child has swimming lessons with us we will be sending you further information, but lessons are unlikely to begin again until September 2020 at the earliest. We will not be taking payments in relation to swimming lesson subscriptions until further notice.
- Customers can be reassured that we are following all available advice from the government and Swim England/Wales with regard to safety and hygiene in our swimming pools and we thank you for your patience and understanding at this time.
We look forward to seeing you in the pool soon.