Freedom Leisure Cinderford, Cinderford, England, United Kingdom
Reference - 5BE0873C64
At Freedom Leisure we can offer a friendly working environment that brings lots of variety every day.
If you like talking to people, this is definitely the role for you. We understand that engaging with customers and colleagues is not as easy as it sounds and sometimes comes with experience.
In the role of Swim Teacher, you will deliver swimming lessons to customers of all ages and abilities ensuring they feel supported and are achieving their goals. In this role you will also have the opportunity to Lifeguard at our pool in between lessons alongside assisting with our administration tasks.
If you want to progress further, we will support this through additional training, both formal and on the job will be key. However, we also appreciate that not everyone wants to ‘move up the ladder’ and that’s absolutely fine with us. What is really important is that you are happy in your work.
At Freedom Leisure we welcome our diverse local community to our centres every day and we want to reflect that same multicultural mix inside our business too. We strive to create an inclusive and diverse workplace where people can be themselves, have the same opportunities and thrive together. Because at Freedom Leisure, You Matter!
Together, we work to create a workplace where everyone feels valued, no matter their age, race, gender, disability or sexual orientation. We aim to be the employer of choice within our industry and we strive for this every day.
In the event that a high volume of suitable applications are received, the post may close prior to the specified closing date. Please apply as soon as possible if interested.
Hours: Casual hours, as and when needed.
- To teach swimming to children and/or adults as part of the Leisure Centre’s swimming lesson programme, according to qualification, training and experience
- To communicate with the children’s parents/guardians concerning their development, and advise on their progression through the programme
- To assist in the supervision of customers in the swimming pool and surrounds, ensuring their safety and discipline
- To assist with our administration tasks in the office
- NPLQ qualification or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills with a genuine desire to work closely with customers.
- An ability to deal with children and their parents
- Level 2 swimming teaching qualification
- DBS check
- Well developed interpersonal skills.
- Team orientated approach, able to work across organisation boundaries and demonstrate interest and be supportive of the work of staff and colleagues.
- To be able to work flexibly and understand instructions from managers.
- Demonstrated passion and energy for the leisure industry.
We want you to love coming to work, feeling healthy, happy and valued. That's why we've developed a benefits package with you in mind, so what can we offer you?
- Flexible working hours
- Training and development provided
- Paid annual leave
- Fun and busy environment
- Discounted Staff Membership
- Potential permanent work opportunities
- Opportunities to build an exciting career
- Rewarding role supporting health & fitness in the community
Closing date: 23rd February 2024
Salary: up to £15.09 per hour
Freedom Leisure collects and processes personal data in accordance with applicable data protection laws.If you are a European Job Applicant see the privacy notice for further details.
Freedom Leisure does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, colour, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits
Join the team
Join our talented and outgoing team, today.