Area Leisure & Culture Manager, Staffordshire
An outstanding opportunity has arisen to join our team at Freedom Leisure, one of the fastest growing and successful leisure and cultural trusts in the UK. We are seeking an experienced and inspirational Area Manager to lead our Leisure & Cultural Facilities and Events Partnerships within Staffordshire.
Your responsibilities will be varied and include:
• Business & Sales Management - Accountability for the business, budgetary and cost centre performance across sites in your area. Ensuring that sales are driven forward, developing the business plan and leading a staff team to achieve key performance targets.
• Operational Management - Ensuring the day to day management and running of the leisure, cultural services and events is of the highest standard.
• People Management - Ensuring that work standards and performance are at the highest level through the effective recruitment, day to day leadership, management and development of all staff.
• Client Management – Freedom Leisure operate leisure contracts on behalf of local authority clients, as such you will develop outstanding working relationships and liaise regularly with the client to ensure delivery of their objectives and compliance with the contract.
You may already be an Area Manager or an experienced Service Manager in a local authority or private organisation looking for the next step. The person we are looking for will have the ability to manage a number of priorities at the same time; will be able to lead and motivate staff and have a passion for the leisure and cultural services and events. In addition to this you will demonstrate the following in your application:
• Previous experience in a senior leisure or cultural role
• Proven track record of leading and managing a change in culture
• Experience of leading a multi-site operation that include large scale events
• Outstanding commercial awareness with experience of managing and delivering sales targets and income performance
• Excellent IT skills to be able to produce and interpret reports and data
• Awareness of industry developments and trends
• Problem solving, project management, customer service and staff management experience
You will also ideally be degree educated or have a higher level qualification in Leisure, Management or Business.
The current portfolio of facilities and services includes a range of high profile leisure centres, cultural and heritage venues along with responsibility for significant national and local events.
There will also be a range of large capital investment projects within the area including the development and opening of the new Stone Leisure Centre.
Working for Freedom leisure, not only do we offer a competitive salary, we offer benefits such as:
• Freedom Choices, our very own employee benefit scheme. Get discounts on travel bookings, high street vouchers, gift cards, cinema tickets, days out, leisure activities and your day to day spending.
• Discounted Staff membership (including family members)
• Cycle to work scheme
• Incremental holidays
• Employee Assistance Programme 24/7- confidential, independent and impartial source of support.
• Company pension (up to 6%)
• Childcare vouchers
• Team working environment
• Career progression
• Fully funded training
Closing date: Thursday 2nd November 12pm
First Stage Interview: Thursday 16th November
Second Stage Interview: Tuesday 5th December