Stafford’s Big Christmas Switch on Show Saturday 16 November 2019
Advance warning of town centre road closures
- Town centre roads will be closed as usual at 00 on Friday 15 November and will remain closed until after the event has finished and been cleared away on the evening of Saturday 16 November.
- On Friday 15 November the event stage and large display screens will be built in the area in Market Square in front of Lloyds Bank, Pizza Express and Santander. Fairground rides and side stalls will also be set up in the town centre streets.
- Delivery, collection and contractor vehicles will not be given access to the pedestrianised areas of the town centre from 00 on Friday 15 November until 19.30 on Saturday 16 November; alternative arrangements must be made.
- From 10.00 on Friday 15 November to 19.30 on Saturday 16 November 2019 the following roads will be closed and access will be for emergency vehicles only: Gaolgate St, Stafford St, Chapel St, Princes St, Crabbery St, Market Square, Bank Passage, Market St, St Martin’s Place, Martin St, Greengate St, Tipping St (part – from junction to Greengate Street to junction of St Chads Place) no alternative route will be provided.
- Please advise your suppliers and staff of these closures as this will impact on scheduled deliveries and collections.
- It is anticipated that the main viewing area in Market Square will reach capacity; the Market Square and parts of Gaolgate Street, Greengate Street, Market Street, Crabbery Street and St Martin’s Place will be closed for a short time for the switch on between 45 and 17.15.
- It is vital that pedestrian exit routes are kept clear, please could all cafes, restaurants and retailers who normally have café tables, chairs and goods outside their premises remove these by 15.00 on Saturday 16 November and all A-boards must be moved as close to shop/restaurant frontages as possible and not placed in the middle of the pedestrianised roads.
- Town centre businesses are also asked to remove all combustible materials including any cardboard packaging and general rubbish from outside their premises and fire exit areas.