Stafford Half Marathon Sunday 19 September 2021
Terms and Conditions
- General Conditions
- The race starts and finishes in Stafford town centre; start time 10.00am.
- Open to men and women aged 17 years and over; if under 18 parental or guardian permission is required, this is done through the online booking system, Active Network, with parents or guardians required to complete a booking form on the participants behalf.
- Fast course, 13.1 miles, accurately measured.
- This event is run under UK Athletics rules. UK Athletics Road Race Licence application pending.
- Conditions of Entry
- By applying to enter this event and paying your fee you are agreeing to these conditions of entry and any further instructions given by the organisers and officials at the event and in runner’s race information packs.
- Places are available on a first come first served basis; your entry can only be guaranteed once we have received your entry details and payment. Entries will close when the event is sold out or on Sunday 1 August whichever is soonest.
- All places are non-refundable and 2021 entries cannot be deferred.
- Entries are transferable through the Active Network site only, up until 1 August 2021. A transfer link is generated by the original entrant that can be shared with another runner without sharing any personal or payment information, the new runner registers for the race paying the full entry price, once they have registered the original runner will get a refund for the entry fee paid by them minus a £10 fee.
- Any person taking part in the race without a valid paid entry registered in their own name will be disqualified.
- The availability of race day transfers is to be confirmed at a later date and subject to public health and government guidance.
- Entry fees are inclusive of Active Network’s online service booking fees. You will need a UK athletics registration number to verify your affiliation to a running club.
- Any changes to address and personal details must be updated on the Active Network site by individual participants in their own account details by midnight on Monday 1 August 2021.
- Any race packs requiring reissue due to loss or damage will incur a £10 fee. Race packs will not be redirected by Royal Mail, please keep your address details up to date as required in point 2.8.
- All participants are expected to wear appropriate footwear and clothing suitable for the weather conditions on race day.
- No charity collections are allowed along the course or in the race village area in the town centre.
- Traditional headphones that cover the ear or go in the ear are not allowed to be worn in this race; bone conducting ear phones are permitted. The Race Referee can disqualify runners seen wearing headphones in the ear or covering the ear.
- This race is not suitable for participants with buggies/pushchairs or for hand-cycles.
- Runners are not allowed to be accompanied by cyclists, pets or other animals when participating in the race. The only cycle bikes allowed on the course are the official event lead cyclists.
- Included in runners race information packs will be your race number with an electronic chip attached to record your time, this should be used according to further instructions found in the information pack.
- Road closures and traffic management will start to be opened/lifted on the first part of the route from 12.30pm and roads will be re-opened fully by 1pm, approx.3 hours, after the race start.
- Medical Conditions
- You must inform Freedom Leisure in writing if you incur an injury or medical condition that prevents you from participating in the race at least 10 weeks prior to race day; by Sunday 11 July 2021.
- Refunds are only for injury or medical conditions notified as above accompanied by relevant documentation and not for any other eventuality. We reserve the right to retain £5.00 from any refund given as a contribution to administration costs.
- Medals will be awarded to all finishers on race day at the event.
- Limited edition technical t-shirts will be awarded to all runners on race day who enter the race prior to the cut-off date of Midnight on Sunday 4 April 2021 only. Finishers on race day who enter the event from Monday 5 April 2021 onwards will receive medals only.
- Prizes awarded for open first, second and third male and female only and first male and female only, in veteran categories in 10 year groups; (female V35 – V75 and male V40 – V80.)
- Only one prize is awarded per individual and is based on gun times not chip times.
- Data Protection
- Official race photographers will be present at the event. Photographs and video footage will be taken and recorded for marketing purposes as well as for participants.
- The Stafford Half Marathon organisers, Freedom Leisure, will use your personal information including information from the Active Network entry system to contact you about the 2021 Stafford Half Marathon and any future Freedom Leisure events and promotions.
- By agreeing to the terms and conditions you will receive a number of information emails including training information, latest updates on the event and from our partners.
- COVID-19 Pandemic
- The health and safety of our runners, volunteers, events team and the wider population is most important to us, especially during the COVID-19 Pandemic; we reserve the right to make any changes to the event including but not exclusive to the route and course distance, or any other amendment to the event that we deem necessary to stage the event safely.
- Any changes to the event will where possible be communicated to you at the event or sooner.
- COVID-19 Public Health and Government guidelines regarding mass participation live events will be followed at the time of the race in September 2021. Participants must follow these guidelines as instructed by race organisers and officials.
- If it is necessary to cancel the 2021 Stafford Half Marathon due to take place on 19 September 2021 because of the pandemic the event will be run as a virtual race over the scheduled race weekend of 18-19 September 2021. Registered runners will need to send proof of their virtual run and time to the race organisers. Race t-shirts and medals will be posted out to registered virtual runners according to their individual entry details and fees paid.
- Race cancellation – Force Majeure; for the purposes of these terms and conditions a ‘Force Majeure Event’ means an event beyond the reasonable control of the organiser, including but not limited to: strikes, lock-outs or other industrial disputes, failure of a utility service or transport network, act of god, war, riot, civil commotion, malicious damage, compliance with any law or governmental order, rule, regulation, direction or action by a government or public authority, accident, breakdown of plant or machinery, fire, inclement weather, flood, storm or default of the organisers or subcontractors. If as a result of a Force Majeure Event, the organiser deems in its sole discretion that it is necessary to cancel or change the route and/or length of the event, the organiser shall be entitled to cancel or change the event. The organisers shall not be liable to participants for any losses incurred as a result.
Terms and conditions are correct at time of opening for entries for 2021 Stafford Half Marathon event and are subject to change by either UK Athletic rule changes or the event organisers.
For further information and updates about the 2021 Stafford Half Marathon please visit our website and social media accounts;