The fitness instructors would like to share some of their favourite recipes with you over the coming weeks to help you make some wise food choices to fuel your body through exercise. Our healthy recipe for the month of December is recommended by Fitness Manager Cy.
"Spiced pear crisps" a great healthy post workout snack with a hint of Christmas about them!
2 firm pears (Rocha work well)
1/2tsp mixed spice.
1. Heat oven to gas mark 1, 140°C, fan 120ºC.
2. Thinly slice the pears into rounds from the base, picking out any pips.
3. Arrange the slices on a baking tray lined with nonstick baking paper and sprinkle over the mixed spice. Use a pastry brush to evenly distribute the spice.
4. Bake for 40 mins. Leave to cool and crisp (the pears wont feel crisp until they have cooled).
5. Store in a sealed food bag and eat within a couple of days.
Give it a try, you wont be disappointed.