fitness instructor courses
If you enjoy working with people, want to help them improve their health and fitness while they have some fun, and you have a passion for exercise, then being a fitness instructor could be a rewarding, challenging and enjoyable job for you.
To work in a fitness facility, good operators and managers will insist that you are qualified and recognised by the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPS). There are Level 1 qualifications available, but the normal entry level into the profession is at Level 2 – at Level 2 you will be qualified to supervise and instruct customers. With a CYQ Level 2 Fitness Instructing (Gym) qualification you can work in a gym unsupervised and set customers’ fitness programmes, with a CYQ Level 2 Exercise to Music qualification you can, for example, lead studio classes, and with a CYQ Level 2 Water Based qualification you can, for example, lead Aquafit classes.
These qualifications have recently been standardised, and there are now common elements to all three (for example anatomy and physiology) that mean that credits you have gained doing one course can be used to count for another. While the Level 2 Gym Instructor course remains the most popular, it is now easier than ever to be multi-disciplined which will increase your employability.
In addition to these courses we also offer the following:
CYQ Level 3 Personal Training Course
CYQ Level 2 Certificate in Health Related Exercise for Children
CYQ Level 2 Award in Circuit Training
CYQ Level 3 Certificate in Advanced Fitness Instruction (Gym)
CYQ Level 2 Award in Chair Based Exercise for the Frailer Older Person
CYQ Level 2 Award in Indoor Cycling
Freedom Leisure Training is an approved training centre with CYQ, the most respected awarding organisation in the fitness industry.
- first aid courses »
- lifeguard & lifesaving courses »
- pool plant courses »
- health and safety courses »
- food safety courses »
- fitness instructor courses »
- Active IQ Level 2 Award in Instructing Kettlebells »
- CYQ Level 3 Personal Training Course »
- CYQ Level 2 Certificate (Gym) »
- CYQ Level 2 Award in Indoor Cycling »
- CYQ Level 2 Certificate (Exercise to Music) »
- CYQ Level 2 Certificate (Water Based) »
- CYQ Level 2 Exercise for Children »
- CYQ Level 2 Chair Based Exercise »
- CYQ Level 2 Award in Circuit Training »
- trainer and assessor courses »
- apprenticeships »
- work for us »
- terms & conditions »
- contact us »